Mobile World Congress 2016: What to Expect!
The MWC wind is blowing again, and it’s becoming bigger and better. Mobile World Congress 2016 , an annual gathering for Mobile IT industry players organised by GSMA is going to be held in Barcelona, Spain, from 22-25 February. MWC’s theme this year is “Connecting everyone and everything to a better future”. This year it will explore the socio economic impact of mobile technologies on businesses, governments and individuals around the world.
It’s a 4 Day event where 95,000 senior professionals from the mobile IT industry will showcase their advanced technologies and most innovative products.Over 2200 companies are anticipated to participate in this year’s Mobile World Congress event. Major exhibitors include:
Events will revolve around app technology, IoT, Cloud capabilities, Sustainability, Green Technology, GSMA, Mobile Money, Graphene,Wearables and much more. Also, there will be some very prominent keynote speakers from big brands like Vodafone, UNICEF, AT&T, Buzzfeed, Cisco Systems, Ericsson, Huawei, and PayPal.
Another exhibition which attracts large crowds is the App Planet Exhibition, it is the perfect place for mobile app developers to showcase their mobile apps and network with their customers. The App Developers Conference is another programme for the app developer community to gain insights and knowledge in mobile applications domain.
4YFN (4 years from now) is popular three day event amongst the tech startup community. It brings together the mobile start-ups and entrepreneurs with investors, incubators, accelerators and big corporations from the digital as well as non-digital world.
My MWC Event App can be used by attendees to check event schedule, exhibitors info and help connecting with other attendees also. Click here to download.
IoT Pavilion will occupy its dedicated hall for showcasing the newest and most innovative companies in IoT space like Sigfox, Bosch, LoRa, Libelium.
What to expect at Mobile World Congress 2016?
Here are few technologies and advancements to revealed by some big IT industry players in MWC 2016:
● Blackberry: Expecting to launch another android device this year
● HTC: HTC One M10 with Snapdragon 820 processor will debut in this year’s MWC.
● Huawei : Rumored to launch a regular flagship mobile model after the successful launch of Nexus 6P, Mate S and Mate 8.
● LG : Issued an invite which simply says ‘play begins’ to MWC 2016 , a major smartphone launch can be expected.
● Microsoft : Unveiling Lumia 750 at MWC 2016 and expecting a launch of HP falcon mobile handset.
● Samsung : Launch of the Samsung Galaxy S7, the SGS7 edge and possibly the Galaxy S7 Plus
● Sony Mobile at MWC 2016 : Expecting Xperia Z5 Tablet and a new pressure sensitive screen for Sony Xperia Z6.
● Google Project Ara: Unveiling the first consumer-ready version of modular smartphones.
While the list above has some big names that are likely to launch in early 2016, but during MWC, there could be smaller, lesser known players that come as a surprise.
What are you looking forward to the most at Mobile World Congress in 2016? Let us know in the comments.